- What's Wrong With Mindful Mayo? New York Times Reporter David Gelles Brings a Critical Eye to 'Mindfulness Inc.' (ABC News, 30th March 2016)
Monthly News Summaries
Mindfulness in the News Update - March 2016
- How To Train Your Body And Your Mind: The latest trend from the fitness industry (Elle.com, 30th March 2016)
- A Military Pilot Study Shows How Mindfulness Can Help Ease Pain (HuffPo, 30th March 2016)
- Facing the dark side of modern mindfulness (Church Times, 24th March 2016)
Established Christian traditions offer much wisdom about the negative aspects of spirituality, argues Christopher Dingwall-Jones.
- Federal Judge Preaches the Value of Mindfulness (Wall Street Journal, Blog, 23rd March 2016)
- Cutting Through the Corporate Mindfulness Hype (Ron Pursor, HuffPo, 22nd March 2016)
- The Hidden Price of Mindfulness Inc. (NY Times Sunday Review, 19th March 2016)
- Mindfulness Is Not Enough. We Need To Practise Heartfulness (HuffPo Aus, 18th March 2016)
- Yes, you can practice mindfulness and still stomach this presidential campaign (Washington Post, 16th March 2016)
- Mindfulness and Madness (28 minute audio, BBC Radio 4, 16th March 2016)
Jolyon Jenkins explores whether meditation could do more harm than good. Includes stories of negative experiences on intensive meditation retreats and discussion of known challenging experiences that can occur in meditation.
- Happiness to mindfulness, via wellbeing: how publishing trends grow (Guardian Books Blog, 14th March 2016)
- Mindfulness for kids: magic pill or a parenting fad too far? (Telegraph. 13th March 2016)
- Study finds correlation between mindfulness and glucose levels (Brown Daily Herald. 4th March 2016)
Those with higher mindfulness scores 35 percent more likely to have healthy glucose levels.